HuggyHomey Pte Ltd (Singapore Registered Company (UEN) 201624800D) is committed to protecting your personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from or about you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide us, for example, on our website https://www.huggyhomey.com or social media channels ("our site") or other sales channel. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our Sites;
- Contact information, such as name, address, contact number, and email address;
- Housing information such as household size and type of home;
- Billing information such as billing address and credit card information;
- Date of birth and details of any membership you may have with us;
- If you contact or correspond with us e.g., on email, SMS or instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfilment of your orders or requests;
- Details of your visits to our Sites and the resources that you access, such as contact and demographic information, behaviour, location data and transaction history.
We do not seek to collect your sensitive personal data such as your national identification number or details about your private life, but if and when we do we will always be in compliance with applicable laws, including obtaining your consent and notifying you about the purposes of our collection and use.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be kept as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists or where we have a legal or business need for doing so.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
- Communicating with you;
- Verifying your identity;
- Processing and providing products and services to you;
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Processing payments (including refunds) relating to our products or services;
- Responding to your requests, enquiries or complaints;
- Ensuring that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- Resolving any issues or disputes in which we are involved;
- For audit, risk management and security purposes;
- For detecting, investigating and preventing fraud or illegal activities;
- For enabling us to perform our legal obligations or enforce our legal rights;
- For legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advice;
- Researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- Promoting and marketing services and products subject to any applicable opt-outs;
- To send invitations to and organise events, promotions and product launches; purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
- We may with your consent conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. The following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed to you:
- Services and products related to our Sites and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of);
- Reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services;
- Invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
You may choose not to receive promotional materials by clicking the “Contact Us” link here, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may provide personal data we hold or collect about you to:
- Our personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- Our offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- Persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- Government regulators or authorities;
- Employment agencies or other persons in connection with your application for employment with us.
Where any of these recipients are overseas, we will comply with applicable laws with respect to such disclosures or transfers.
EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY AND RECORDING
You acknowledge and agree that HuggyHomey may take photographs of the Delivery and Installation Area (and parts of the Delivery and Installation Venue surrounding or including the Delivery and Installation Area) before and/or after the Services have been rendered (“Photographs”). You further agree that HUGGYHOMEY own all rights, title and interest (including, without limitation, copyright) in the Photographs, and, as such, HuggyHomey may use the Photographs for purposes of marketing/promoting. For our services provided, HuggyHomey shall not use any Photograph that contains information which might disclose Your identity or residence (such as the house number and/or street on which the Delivery and Installation Venue/ Delivery and Installation Area is located).
YOUR CONSENT AND RIGHTS
By transaction with us, using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the processing of your information as outlined in this policy.
Under and subject to applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to:
- Check whether we hold personal data about you and how we are using it, and to access such data;
- Update or correct such data where this is inaccurate;
- Withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
You may opt out of direct marketing by notifying us that you wish to withdraw your consent to such use of your personal data for these purposes. Please send your requests, questions or complaints to us on our Contact Us page.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we may have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
You understand that your withdrawal of consent may result in certain consequences; for instance, we may no longer be able to provide you with our products or services that you have requested or to continue with your existing relationship with us. Further, you understand that notwithstanding your withdrawal of consent, we will still be entitled to process your personal data if we are required or authorised to do so under any applicable law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Without prejudice to any limitations of liability contained elsewhere in these Terms, HUGGYHOMEY shall not be liable to You for:
- any death or personal injury suffered by You, the Authorized Person or any other person present at the Styling Venue as a result of HuggyHomey’s performance of the Styling Services unless such death or personal injury is caused by any negligence or wilful act on HuggyHomey’s part;
- any pre-existing faults or damage to the Styling Venue or Styling Area which may be discovered in the course of HuggyHomey’s performance of the Styling Services, or any Installation Effects;
- any discrepancy or non-correspondence (actual or perceived) between the end-result of the Services and the Listing Images;
- any loss of or damage to those of Your personal belongings that have not been safely and securely kept or stored away from the Styling Area or otherwise adequately protected from such loss or damage;
- any losses which You may incur as a result of or otherwise in connection with HuggyHomey’s failure or delay in performing the Services due to Your failure or delay in performing any of the Customer Obligations;
- any losses which You may incur as a result of or otherwise in connection with the acts or omissions of a Supplier or Third Party Contractor or any person other than HuggyHomey (including in respect of any Supplier Defaults);
- any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage (including, without limitation, loss of profit, loss of business opportunity, or loss of agreements or contracts) that may be incurred as a result of or otherwise in connection with these Terms or HuggyHomey’s performance of the Services hereunder (including, without limitation, in relation to Your inability to sell or rent the Relevant Area, or to sell or rent the Relevant Area more quickly or at a higher price after the Services have been rendered.
The limitations of liability provided in Clause 10(1) above shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law and whether such liability arises in contract, tort or otherwise.
You shall indemnify HuggyHomey and hold HuggyHomey completely harmless from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, proceedings, costs, expenses, penalties, fines, deficiencies (including indirect, special, incidental or consequential losses) that HUGGYHOMEY may incur as a result of or in connection with Your breach of any provision of this Agreement, or any of Your acts or omissions in relation to this Agreement or the Services contemplated therein.
(1) These Terms constitute the entire agreement between HuggyHomey and You and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between Us, whether written or oral, relating to the Services. Accordingly, You agree that You shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms.
(2) If any provision of these Terms is or becomes or is deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed amended to the minimum extent necessary to render it valid, legal and enforceable, or, if such amendment is not possible, the relevant provision shall be deemed deleted and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
(3) As the Services are of a personal nature, neither of Us may transfer Our respective rights and obligations under these Terms to another person without the prior written consent of the other Party.
(4) A person who is not a Party to these Terms shall have no right to enforce any term of, or to receive any benefit under these Terms, whether pursuant to the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) or otherwise.
(5) No failure or delay on the part of either Party in exercising any power, right or remedy under these Terms shall operate as a waiver of such power, right or remedy, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any power, right or remedy preclude the further or other exercise thereof or the exercise of any other power, right or remedy which such Party may have.
(6) Neither Party shall be liable for any failure or delay in the performance of any of their respective obligations under these Terms which is due to or caused by any events or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Party, including, but not limited to the following: war, riots, civil disturbances or unrest, hostilities, acts of terrorism, acts of governments (including, without limitation, adverse changes in legislation, policies and practices), strikes or labour disputes, diseases and epidemics, earthquakes, storms, floods or other adverse weather conditions, natural phenomena or calamities, fires, accidents or acts of God.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
(1) These Terms shall be governed by and is to be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
(2) If any Dispute (as hereinafter defined) arises out of these Terms, then We shall make Our best endeavours to consult with each other in good faith to settle such Dispute (as hereinafter defined) amicably.
(3) Any and all claims, demands, causes of action, disputes, controversies and other matters in question arising out of or relating to these Terms, including any question regarding its breach, existence, effect, validity or termination, which We do not resolve amicably within a period of thirty (30) days (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Dispute”), shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore, in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which SIAC Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this Clause.
(4) In the event of arbitration in Singapore in accordance with the SIAC Rules, there shall be one (1) arbitrator to be appointed by the mutual agreement of the Parties, or failing such agreement, the said arbitrator shall be appointed in accordance with the SIAC Rules.
(5) The language to be used in the arbitration shall be English.
(6) The resulting arbitral award shall be final and binding, and judgment upon such award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
(7) Any monetary award issued by the arbitrator shall be expressed in and payable in Singapore Dollars immediately.
(8) For purposes of any arbitral and related proceedings and/or the enforcement of any arbitral award in accordance with this Clause, each of Us hereby expressly consents to be sued in Singapore or any court of competent jurisdiction.